6 / 65 Players All FTBees Servers
6 / 65
Today's Record: 7 players (11 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 21 players (Sun at 22:00)
Monthly Record: 21 players (Sun at 22:00)
Online users (0)
No users online.
Main Forum
Hello Guest!
Please take a few minutes to register on our site! We have a wonderful community here, and we would like you to be part of it!

How about 1.10 plugins?

2 replies
Votes:
+227
Worker
WORKER
Saint
Myst
Donor
First off, this is mostly a discussion i start to feel how Pyrex and Jocce think about the 1.10 packs that are slowly coming out. And how they match up with 1.10 plugins. Most notably offcourse, Essentials and GP. I personally have no idea if they are updated, of any major changes at all.

I do know that there is quite a lot of coding difference for modders between the 1.7 packs and the 1.10 packs. This has resulted in many mods not having been updated as of yet, and no word on when or if those mods update.

There have been 1.10 packs on the curse launcher, the ftb launcher, as well as the AT launcher. Notably the hermitpack, played by famous youtubers as Xisuma and Etho.

Has there been any thought amongst the staff and developers of Ftbees.com concerning these developments?

Im asking, because we all know some people stick with old packs due to hardware constraints, such as tekkit and Unleashed. However, the 1.10 packs are up to date with some major changes in vanilla minecraft, and the mods themselves have changed, and many fun new mods have come out to play.

Naturally, a pack would need testing, broken items disabled, and a whitelist created so we dont end up with grieved bases. Plugins would have to get installed, and the workload of staff and devs would increase substantially. Hence, i thought we could have a honest discussion about what the future of modded minecraft may bring. How people feel, both staff, devs and playerbase.
You're more the coffee guy in h_r department. You know what's going on but you'd rather just get coffee for everyone.. -Rex
Posted Nov 2, 16 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+112
Drone
DRONE
In all honesty, i don't see myself playing an modpack that is forged ontop of such outdated minecraft version, most significant reasons are:

1. Stability. Simply said the ftb team released a modpack called "unstable" i think its kind of a goof. How are you supposed to build a good community if there is lag/faulty coding. I remember playing 1.1.8, and corrupted my base with a nether portal.. This was single player, i cannot begin to imagine the amount of maintenance needed, ruining the game for staff. The unstable pack even includes "no tech help" in the description, go figure. Also the pack will probably be using older versions of mods, that have more duping exploits or errors.

2. # of mods. All the packs i saw are not "mega builds" and have very few mods. The downside to this, is that you will get bored of the pack very quickly, and it is harder to maintain a playerbase, due to the lack of content. Content that is offered at better packs, so building a community with a sustaining playerbase and staff team, for that matter, will become difficult. You can only make that many stone brick castles until it get extremely boring.

3. Animo, or people that will play the pack. Honestly the players that are going to play this pack are people who follow stream, quite abit of players, but in the whole minecraft-pool a tiny amount. Probably not a lot of voting websides, and it could soon become a dying pack.

4. Missing popular mods. Self explanatory, but based on my opinion. Trolling you with making a barrel wall is one thing, but actually needing to make one, no thank you.

All of this is based on my experience with minecraft classic, and older staff members, and my personal opinion of this subject. Perhaps i'm mistaken, but i am pretty sure i predicted a lot of issues, and finding out you wasted a ton of time setting the server up would be devastating. If we are going to set up a server, do not go all out, but test the pack thoroughly.
Posted Nov 2, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+1
Troll
TROLL
In my opinion and in some of my prior mod-pack experience I may have a somewhat doable solution to your second point Scizor.

I used to play on this Agrarian Skies server a while back (when it was hyped up by Direwolf and Soaryn) and the server's devs made 2 versions of the mod pack. 1) Is just the mod-pack and regular server plugins 2) They had made another server with the same pack but extra mods added to it so that the mod-pack didn't lack Tech, magic, ect. as it had some pretty limited things as to mod variety and mod extensions.

Now I personally don't know how that really works seeing as they would make it a somewhat minor inconvenience to some players as they would obviously have to download and install they mods manually to play and uninstall if they wanted to go back. I also don't know how reliable having 2 versions up economically for keeping both up relatively cheap.

All of that aside I do agree that having an updated mod-pack with some new mods and mods that are revised available to the community for us to branch out, but it obviously has it's respectable pro's and con's to it. Would like to see other people's opinions and suggestions about this too
2cgkgwi.jpg
Posted Nov 2, 16
List
Undo
Today: 190 Unique Hits: 463,123
NoticeNotices