12 / 65 Players All FTBees Servers
12 / 65
Today's Record: 24 players (22 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 28 players (Sun at 21:00)
Monthly Record: 33 players (Mar 15, 19)
Online users (1)
Main Forum
Hello Guest!
Please take a few minutes to register on our site! We have a wonderful community here, and we would like you to be part of it!

Resets, and not informing your supporters.

8 replies
Votes:
+4
Troll
TROLL
Myst
Donor
Trusted
Really, All I care about is why as the money source that keep your servers and community going, supporters were not consulted when you chose to delete months of work and thousands of hours of playtime, on crackpack. Its unfair, idiotic, and it's irritating that despite our constant and unwavering support, we weren't even warned or informed. Show us who really matters here, Rex. I'm growing tired of how we're treated, and I Don't want to have to leave, but you're making it very hard to maintain support. I want this community to stay alive where so many others have failed, but these wipes and resets are causing me more headaches than anything these days. All I want is my hand built shit back. If you have a backup of the old map, I would love to dissect it and get my old stuff back. there is no excuse for blind wiping Crackpack, Rex, And it was-and is-a dick move.
Posted Feb 5, 18 · OP
Votes:
+32
Larva
LARVA
CP Mod
Myst
I am sorry to inform you but this wipe was no where near planned and no disrespect whatsoever but we do not technically have to consult you to wipe the map that is not your call. We were having a ton of problems (including just about every player crashing when trying to log onto the server and the entire map being corrupted) before we reset the map. We do appologize that your hard work and items have been removed but we could not do anything else that we had not already tried to fix the last map before resetting it. If you care to look at the forum post that talks all about what was happening here it is.

~wsman217
Posted Feb 5, 18
Dislike
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
Troll
TROLL
Myst
Donor
Trusted
OH, considering that the supporters carry this community on our back, wsman, it should. without us, you wouldnt have the money or resources to run a server, much less snark at me on the forums.
Posted Feb 5, 18 · OP
Votes:
+4
Troll
TROLL
Myst
Donor
Trusted
So play your power games all you like, bud, I'm getting tired of being told our voice doesnt matter. you forget who pays the bills, and it isnt you. and disclaimers and ass covering aside, bud, that WAS disrespectful. Take your braying about resets and stow it. you screwed us out of our time, money, and effort, and you know it.
Posted Feb 5, 18 · OP · Last edited Feb 5, 18 by [Myst] Sordani
Votes:
+4
Troll
TROLL
Myst
Donor
Trusted
Feel free for those who actually make decisions to speak up. You've screwed the pooch this time. 4 years and hundreds of dollars that you gladly accept, yet refuse to allow those who pay your goddamn costs to even KNOW, much less have an opinion on the subject. I don't know what you thought would come of this, Rex, but at the end of the day It shows that you don;t give a FUCK about your backers.
Posted Feb 5, 18 · OP
Dislike
List
Undo
Votes:
+32
Larva
LARVA
CP Mod
Myst
Sordani i am sorry that you took it that way but that was not supposed to have been snark and i am sorry that you didnt read the forum post that the server literally would not allow anyone on and if we put that map back onto the server no one including you would be able to join because you would instantly crash as soon as you logged in believe me we tried saving the map and it was sad that it had to go but a fresh start is not always bad i mean it can allow you to get into new mods thtat you have not tried yet or go about doing mods that you know fairly well a different way. Also no one is playing the power games and we do listen to our the new players all the way to the supporters but at some point there is not always a way that we can do everything that they want. We try our hardest to do it but like in this situation we were not able to save the old Crackpack server so we had to completely reboot it. You are not the only one to have lost lots of time and progress to this reset for example i lost i think around 200 hours of ontime because of the reset but i moved on and kept playing. Sorry that you lost your ontime and progress but we did try to save the old server as best we could.

~wsman217
Posted Feb 5, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+32
Larva
LARVA
CP Mod
Myst
Also we did a home page announcement so that every one would know so here is the link.
Posted Feb 5, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+47
Larva
LARVA
CP Head-Admin
Myst
first of all. we don't have to inform supporters on server activity's. 2nd this map wipe wasn't by choice, we had a pretty bad bug that caused every1 to crash every time they logged in. Jocce even tried to fix it so we decided to wipe the map so players could play again. and this happened a few months back. so if you where inactive your base would have been wiped already. also let this be a warning on abusive language in the forums and ill count it as if u said it in CP as well.
Posted Feb 5, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+73
Pupa
PUPA
Admins
[Owner]
Myst
Donor
Hi Sordani,

Sorry for the reset but it was needed, I spent hours and hours each day trying to save the current map but after a week we decided to do a full reset to solve the issue which we identified, and since we had a player voted reset just a month or so before the crash issue we decided to do a full map reset to get the server up and running for the players.

I know you've spent a lot on the server and out policy is to refund any donor items on a resets so you just have to contact an H-A or make a ticket to get the things you bought back.

You can create a ticket here: http://www.ftbees.com/helpdesk

Regards,
JoccE
co-Owner
nYGaEmz.png
Posted Feb 6, 18
List
Undo
Today: 117 Unique Hits: 476,394
NoticeNotices