6 / 65 Players All FTBees Servers
6 / 65
Today's Record: 24 players (21 hours ago)
Weekly Record: 28 players (Sun at 21:00)
Monthly Record: 33 players (Mar 15, 19)
Online users (1)
Main Forum
Hello Guest!
Please take a few minutes to register on our site! We have a wonderful community here, and we would like you to be part of it!

Aer Imbued Fire

7 replies
Votes:
+2
Troll
TROLL
Myst
Donor
After the last map reset, the item Aer Imbued Fire was banned and I'd like to request this be unbanned.

I do know there is a risk that this item can do a lot of damage to the world, so could you lock this behind one of the higher tier ranks, or even ban it from the overworld.

I'd be happy to only use this in an RFTools world if that helps.

Thanks Raz
2935029.jpg
Posted Sep 29, 18 · OP
Votes:
+2
Troll
TROLL
Myst
Donor
Any admins around that can take a look at this please.
2935029.jpg
Posted Oct 3, 18 · OP
Votes:
+7
Troll
TROLL
Infinity Head-Admin
Myst
due to the damage it can do to any worlds i dont think it should be unbanned,
all it takes is 1 person to use it just to damage the overworld or someone elses worlds
even making it so higher ranks can only use wont work as i have banned 1 member for griefing and he/she was a dimwit/myst rank
so all in all it's a NO from me in this case.
Posted Oct 3, 18
Votes:
+2
Troll
TROLL
Myst
Donor
I totally agree for all the worlds that are shared for all players. I'd be happy if this was restricted to just RFTools worlds. These are totally custom and designed for only the player who created them.
2935029.jpg
Posted Oct 4, 18 · OP
Votes:
+26
Larva
LARVA
CP Head-Admin
Practically, there are too many mods that include item droppers/placers that will still allow you to use them in all worlds, and they are far too devastating to consider unbanning them for no real reason.

As viper said earlier, one person drops a few over the map and the easiest solution is a complete map rollback or a reset. That punishes everyone who was doing the right thing.

If you have a good reason why you want them unbanned feel free to post it, but if its just to see what happens or what it looks like, far safer for everyone if you do it in a creative singleplayer world
Posted Oct 7, 18
Votes:
+2
Troll
TROLL
Myst
Donor
Thanks for the reply and I should have said why I wanted it unbanned in the first post.

I use this item a lot for Botania. I create a very controlled space that is filled with water to allow the cake to spawn, with cake eating botania flowers under the area. This allows for a simple and very effective mana generation. It is totally safe and I ran this before the reset when it was banned.

This vid explains the method I was using and the reason I'd like it unbanned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvY1Y3am5g

Thanks Raz
2935029.jpg
Posted Oct 7, 18 · OP
Votes:
+227
Worker
WORKER
Saint
Myst
Donor
Lets see, where shall i start, you want to use a substance as dangerous as imbued fire from thaumic tinkering, and use it to produce easy mana with botania. Where as mana from botania is already incredibly easy, and in a pack such as the crackpack, with proper world gen and all, where resources come easy and plentifull, you want to make it even easier.

Being one of those persons myself who has witnessed the destruction that imbued fire can unleash on a ftbees server, its banned mostly cause of me. And dethbycreeper. Who set the 1.7 wanderlust pack server on fire a couple of years back. Literally on fire, every surface block, in every direction, for thousands of chunks was on fire. The only place the fire wasn't raging, were the chunks we hadn't generated yet cause we hadn't visited them yet.

In other words, over my dead body! When pigs fly! When hell freezes over! Not in a million years! Not in your lifetime!

Last time i played the crackpack, i made a setup for mana gen in which i put 48 of the floaty endoflame's, and fed em blocks of charcoal from a tree farm. The entire setup was 7x7 x 5 high, with a mana pool in the middle on top. It was both redstone controlled manually and automatically.

Whilst i understand your reasons for wanting it unbanned, i do not trust you with the power of the items. Nor do the developers and administrators of ftbees trust you with the items. We dont even trust ourselves with the items on a multiplayer server. Thats why the item is banned. Its like handing over the keys to the deathstar.
You're more the coffee guy in h_r department. You know what's going on but you'd rather just get coffee for everyone.. -Rex
Posted Oct 8, 18
Votes:
+2
Troll
TROLL
Myst
Donor
Matter dropped
2935029.jpg
Posted Oct 8, 18 · OP
Today: 116 Unique Hits: 476,393
NoticeNotices